To: Nicole Tolman
From: Bill
Subject: Honda Civic 2005
Miss Tolman,
Thank
you for contacting me in regards of your 2005 Honda Civic; considering your busy
schedule in school. I am here to help and or guide you through this mishap you
seem to be having with your new vehicle. I understand being a college student
and the necessity of saving money especially while traveling. Also, understand
that you being a business student it is vital to get out what you put in.
I researched the website that you linked to me
and I found that these estimates go in effect after 2008 models. Considering
that your car is a 2005 these numbers are not applicable to your situation. I
would not give you false information considering you and your family are very
loyal to our Honda dealership; I would not do anything to compromise our
relationship. Though, as much as I would like to help out your financial situation
it is against company policy to deliver money to our customers before or after
a purchase therefore we cannot comply with your request. The website you linked
was not all that ineffective. I found some valuable tips that you can use while
on campus or going on trips to help you drive more efficiently.
·
“While each vehicle reaches its optimal fuel economy at a
different speed (or range of speeds), gas mileage usually decreases rapidly at
speeds above 50 mph.”
·
“You can assume that each 5 mph you drive over 50 mph is
like paying an additional $0.24 per gallon for gas.3”
·
“Observing the speed limit is also safer.” (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/driveHabits.jsp)
I also researched your vehicles payment per
gallon and how much money you will save by 5mph, 10mph and 15 mph of speed
reduction. After 5mph of speed reduction you can save 0.31$ per gallon. After
10mph of speed reduction you can save 0.57$ per gallon. After 15mph of speed
reduction you can save 0.80$ per gallon. I understand it looks small but it
adds up.
Drive sensibility also plays a factor into saving money on the road.
·
“Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and
braking) wastes gas. It can lower your gas mileage by 33% at highway speeds and
by 5% around town. Sensible driving is also safer for you and others, so you
may save more than gas money.” (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/driveHabits.jsp)
Also, take a look into driver feedback
devices. Studies show that people can improve their fuel economy by 3% and
improve gas mileage by 10%. By doing so you can save 0.17$-1.15$ per gallon.
Cargo weight on roofs add wear and tear to your car’s engine and pocket.
·
“A large, blunt roof-top cargo box, for example, can
reduce fuel economy by around 2% to 8% in city driving, 6% to 17% on the
highway, and 10% to 25% at Interstate speeds (65 mph to 75 mph).” (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/driveHabits.jsp)
You can save 0.07$-0.59$/gallon
Also, to remind you that Honda agree to extend mileage warranty on all cars
with a faulty odometer by 10%. I have updated your record so the process will
be easier for you.
I hope the information that I have
given you will help in your endeavors and I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction
of our agreement. If there is any further questions or concerns that you have I
would be pleased to answer them. I hope to see you in the future and drive safe
out there.
Sincerely,
Bill
Bill
I felt that your response was personal and friendly. However, it might make it feel even more so if at the beginning you referred to her as Nicole rather than Miss Tolman, since she referred to you by first name in her email. Also, I would reorganize the second paragraph to make your refusal of her request prominent. I think either moving the refusal to the beginning of the paragraph or starting a new paragraph after the refusal would make it more easily visible. Overall, though, this looks excellent!
ReplyDeleteThe only things that would make this response better would be leaving out the part that you said the link you were provided wasn't entirely ineffective just because that might make her feel like you are saying she wasted your time which could lead to distance in the relationship. I also would have left out the apology in the end to keep from reminding her about the bad feelings she had. On the other hand, I really liked the way you started out with an understanding of her situation, it shows sincerity and gives it a personal touch. I also liked the way you declined her request. It was firm and to the point, yet apologetic at the same time. Great job!
ReplyDeleteGood over all email. I enjoyed reading it and thought it was overall nicely written and planned out. I liked how you included quotes instead of statistics in the email. It shows that you took the time to acknowledge the info you got and didnt just act like you already knew ways to get better gas milage. I also liked how you thanked Nicole and her family for there business. By thanking them your taking the time to acknowledge there business and your showing that you care about them and there family. A few things I would change would be is you have your tips and data sticking out and the other paragraphs are smaller. To Nicole that may mean that your not as caring to her and that all you want from her is her business and for her to know this tips. I would even everything out and makes her feel like she's important too. I would also change how you made her giving you a link useless. She may see this as rude and get more angry. This is a overall good email. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDelete