To: Nicole Tolman
From: Bill
Subject: Honda Civic
Hello Nicole,
First of all, I would like to thank
you and your family for always being loyal Honda customers. I also appreciate
you coming to me about your concerns.
Budgeting your money can be a great
organizational tool, and I admire you for making use of it. I also hope that it
is understood that I would never intentionally misrepresent a loyal customer,
such as yourself.
Unfortunately, we will not be able
to give you $40 a month.
However, that website that you sent
including the information regarding the whole industry’s average mpg actually
includes some great tips on improving your mpg. Some of these include:
-Keeping your engine
properly tuned
Fixing a car that is noticeably out
of tune or has failed an emissions test can improve its gas mileage by an
average of 4%, though results vary based on the kind of repair and how well it
is done.
-Keeping your tires
properly inflated
You can improve your gas mileage by
up to 3.3% by keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure.
Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.3% for every 1 psi drop in
pressure of all four tires. Properly inflated tires are safer and last longer.
-Using the recommended
grade of motor oil
You can improve your gas mileage by
1%–2% by using the manufacturer's recommended grade of motor oil. For example,
using 10W-30 motor oil in an engine designed to use 5W-30 can lower your gas
mileage by 1%–2%. Using 5W-30 in an engine designed for 5W-20 can lower your
gas mileage by 1%–1.5%
There are also tips on how to drive
safer, while keeping the mpg on your vehicle lower as well. For more
information on any of this, please visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov/.
As far as the faulty odometer goes,
we have agreed to extend your mileage warranty by 10 percent. Additional
information can be found on your records. We apologize for any inconveniences
in regards to that.
I hope this helps, and I hope
school is going great!
-Bill
I really like how you made sure she understood that you would never misguide her on purpose. I think that is something very particular to this situation, since she does know that you have been loyal to her family for so many years. By doing that you really remind her of that.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that I thought I would not like if I was her, would be the fact that I think you spent more time writing the same information from that she could get by just clicking on the web's link, than you did maybe explaining how is this an equally acceptable option than the $40. Maybe you could specify that by following the tips she wont need to worry about gas money anymore, or something like that.
I really liked this piece so far. I like how you go into detail about each of the ways to improve gas milage. Going into detail really shows to the customer that you really care and that you've took the time to do research for them. I also liked how you made nicole and her family feel welcomed. which is key when wanting her to come back for future purchases.
ReplyDeleteThere are also a few things I didnt like, I wouldn't include the info and research you did on the gas milage and then include the Link. I would just leave the key points and then leave the link for more information. Another thing that caught my attention was that in the end you never really said that Honda extended her warranty you just said "we have agreed" I would state something about Honda as well.