Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Negative Response ( Anthony McIntosh)

Nicole,
I apologize that you felt misled by my presentation of the 2005 Honda Civic. It was not in my intentions to mislead you in any way. I understand you are upset with the results of your new car, but I did not intend to put you in debt or in a car you couldn’t afford. We understand that being a college student is tough and may make your financing a little more difficult. However, your estimates on the Civic’s mileage is not accurate.These estimates actually go into effect on the 2008 models.

I am sorry to inform you that my business is not able to grant you the $40 a month that you requested. We appreciate getting your business and would like to continue being your first choice as a car dealership in the future. For the inconvenience we would like to offer you free oil changes for the duration of your college education. We hope this will benefit you and help you save some money. I would also like to remind you that Honda did agree to extend the mileage warranty by about 10% on all cars equipped with the faulty odometer. I have already updated your record to show the extended warranty on your car.

I reviewed the website link you sent me and found some information that might be beneficial to you when trying to keep fuel costs down. I found some driver behaviors that may help you lower your gas mileage. These include: 

  • Driving Sensibly
  • Observe the speed limit
  • Avoid hauling cargo on your roof
  • Use cruise control
  • Avoid excessive idling
  • use overdrive gears.
I also found some tips for vehicle maintenance that may also help you save some money. These include: 
  • Keeping your engine properly tuned
  • keeping tires inflated properly
  • using the recommended grade of motor oil
  • knowing that replacing the air filter in modern cars improved performance, but not mpg.

I hope this response will help you feel better about the situation and I hope you continue business with us in the future. We wish you the best in your college endeavors.

Best Regards,
Bill


3 comments:

  1. You have a great piece here. The only thing I could suggest is putting the tips in a bulleted form so they are quicker to spot and easier to read. Also you could "trim the fat" of your email get to the point that we arent going to pay her just a little quicker.-Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good, I like how you deny her claim but handle it in a positive light. My suggestions would be to use various bullet points when listing her different options in saving gas and also to refrain from saying "I'm sorry" at the end. Saying sorry implies that you did mislead her, and you want to make sure she knows that you didn't. Otherwise, this is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great email in getting directly to the point. I like how you let her know the tips on gas mileage in bulleted points. The only thing that stood out to me is that you said "I'm sorry" at the beginning and end of the email. This implies you did something wrong when in fact you didn't.

    ReplyDelete