Greetings Nicole,
First thank you for
bringing your concerns to my attention, customer feedback is crucial to allow
our dealership to provide the best customer service possible. As always we
strive to ensure that you and your family understand and are treated like
family and we thank you for continuing the tradition as loyal Honda customers.
It is refreshing to see that your parents have raised you to be conscious of
value by developing your budgeting skills as your email shows, it also is
evidence that your willing to go the extra mile to do what you think is right.
That in mind I must
unfortunately share with you that the dealership will not be able to provide
the forty dollar stipend you have requested. I reviewed the information that
you sent and checked the website out as I didn’t purposely mislead you and wanted
to insure that the information I have been working with was accurate. Ultimately I found the key issue in regards
to the differences; namely that the information pertained to 2008 and later
model years and included all cars and not just our Honda. Since your vehicle is
a 2005 the same estimates don’t apply equally due to the sample of vehicles
this testing was performed on.
All is not lost
however as I found many useful tips and tricks via the website that will enable
you to increase and maintain your current MPG. I have found three specific
areas that I think could be helpful to increase not only your MPG but mine as
well now that I am aware. I have linked
the pages below and provided a very brief summary of contents for each so you
can pick which meets your needs.
Some of these include:
- Drive
more efficiently – (Tips
on acceleration and braking, using your Cruise Control and driving at the
optimal speed to conserve fuel.
- Keep
your car in shape – (Maintenance
schedules, Proper tire inflation and worn part replacement)
Finally this one which
I think you may already have started practicing given the efficiency and
thought you put behind your letter.
Additionally
all this information and more can be found at that great site you led me too. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/.
I also wanted to share
with you that in regards to the faulty odometer, HONDA has have agreed to
extend mileage warranty’s by roughly 10 percent for affected vehicles and your
service records here at the dealership have already been updated to insure
seamless claims should the need arise. Again thank you and your family for your
continued patronage and I hope you have a great school year.
Sincerely,
-Bill
Your response was good. It was very well organized and personal. The one thing that I think needs work is your description of the reasons for the difference in information. You don't specify which information pertains to the 2008 and later model years, and I'm not sure what you meant when you said the information included all cars. Good job though!
ReplyDeleteThe beginning paragraph was great. I really liked the fact that you complimented her and her family. I also really liked how you told her that you did not mislead her due to the fact the information that she found on the website only applied to later models. If I were to change anything, I think I would add bullet points of the ways to improve MPG into the email and to make it a little more personal by using "I" instead of "we" when referring to the dealership since you have sold many cars to the family. Overall though, this was great!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You hit on every point necessary, were clear and concise, and ultimately left the letter with a positive feeling. My only critique would be on the wording. While she is an educated college student, the length and structure of the sentences make it a bit harder to understand what exactly it is you're saying without having to read the sentence twice. It almost takes some of the sincerity out of your message. Overall, awesome job!
ReplyDelete